To hide your sliding glass door or a big window in a stylish and practical manner, maybe you’d want to install a cover. The problem may be easily solved with these curtains for sliding glass doors.
But, the addition of sliding glass door blinds to your house will give it a contemporary look and feel. They may be used for a wide variety of purposes and in a wide variety of settings, including patios, enormous French doors, closets, and room dividers.
So, here we are providing you with the best blinds for sliding doors. Come and read on.
Allusion-Designed Patio Door Blinds
Image Source: Barnes Blinds
When it comes to french doors, nothing beats the sleek design and practicality of Allusion blinds. If that’s the case, then illusion blinds are completely permeable. And you can just go right through the door without having to pull them back!
Suggestions you should consider:
- Allusion blinds are great if you’re going for a sleek, contemporary look. Be sure to match the sliding door’s hue for uniformity’s sake.
- If you want to block some of the light and view from outside, but yet let in some, then allusion blinds are for you.
- Use these blinds on a bigger, more prominent sliding door, preferably of the bi-fold kind, to draw attention to its size and shape.
Roller blinds for huge patio doors
Image Source: DIY Blinds
Roller blinds are one of the most adaptable types of window coverings since you can choose from a wide range of designs, materials, and colors, and even add special features like blackout fabric or remote control.
Some ideas for you:
- They are attractive and practical for big windows, bay windows, bifold doors, and sliding patio doors.
- Roller blinds are more readily available for smaller windows and doors than other types of blinds since they are often longer than they are broad.
- If you have a very big sliding door, it may be challenging to locate one of them. Having several blinds is a practical choice for covering big window panes. Because each blind may be mounted on its own roller, you’ll have far more control over how much light enters the room and how long the blinds need to be at any one time.
- Moreover, it is highly recommended that you have blinds made to measure for your patio doors.
- Add some classic elegance with white roller blinds if your door is plain and has black borders.
The French Door Roman Shades
Image Source: Budget Blinds
The benefits and drawbacks of using roman blinds on sliding glass doors are comparable to those of using roller blinds. Like roller blinds, Roman blinds come in a broad variety of colors and patterns, but they become harder to find as your sliding doors expand in width.
Few tips for you:
- Use a pattern that complements the color palette for a bolder aesthetic statement. The key is to keep things basic and understated.
- One further bit of advice for the design of a sliding door is to include some element of seclusion into it. A design like a fence would be perfect.
- If you don’t stick to the established color scheme, your blinds will seem garish and out of place.
- In order to avoid having your sliding glass door appear like it doesn’t belong, it is essential to have blinds that are a great match for the door.
Custom-fit patio Sliding doors blinds
Image Source: Pinterest
When searching for the ideal blinds and shades for sliding patio doors, perfect-fit blinds are an excellent choice. Perfect-fit blinds provide you with a great deal of freedom of movement since they are fitted within the window frame.
Points to think about:
- You may get roller, roman, or Venetian blinds, as well as a plethora of other designs, from ideal fit for your sliding glass doors. For those who are visually impaired, this choice provides a wealth of new font options to explore.
- If uniformity is important to you, be sure to keep to the color scheme by acquiring a blind that is similar to the wall color and sliding door edges. But if you believe a striking contrast would work, go with your instinct.
- A room with horizontal blinds gives off an image of simplicity and offers up additional options for a new breeze. Even yet, when combined with the sliding door, it adds both style and seclusion.
External Shades for patio Door frames
Image Source: Leamington Blinds
Sliding door and window exterior blinds are a fun alternative to traditional curtains. These chic outdoor blinds not only provide a wonderful aesthetic touch but also significantly improve thermal comfort inside your house.
Ideas to take note of:
- External blinds are an excellent way to retain warm air during the winter and block out the sun during the summer, both of which are nuisances in homes with large windows and doors.
- They’re great for replacing interior blinds on bifold or French windows, and they’re one of the greenest blind alternatives available.
- These blinds will provide a matte finish that is both sophisticated and durable, regardless of the width of your sliding glass door.
- If you want to seem elegant and put-together, go with black blinds and sliding door edges.
Glare-free sliding-door vertical blinds
Image Source: Amazon
Patio or sliding glass doors benefit greatly from the use of vertical blinds. Softly diffusing the light helps keep the area at a suitable temperature and gives you some much-needed seclusion if your space is visible from outside.
Additional tips for you:
- For others, the addition of this kind of window covering might make the space seem too much like an extension of an office. Vertical blinds are an obvious option for shielding the sun at the office due to the prevalence of big windows.
- Because of their adaptability and simplicity of installation, vertical blinds are a great option. They look great on big windows and French doors and are available in a wide range of materials and colors.
- These blinds provide a practical purpose while also adding a sophisticated flair to any room. The overall tone of the design may be established by choosing colors that represent luxury and elegance, even if they are more traditional in nature.
- The blinds should reach the floor regardless of the height of the sliding door or window. This is also a great way to cover up any wall damage, blemishes, or scuffs.
Therma Shade Pleated Sliding Door Blinds
Image Source: Hillarys
Sliding glass doors and patios let in a lot of natural light, but they may also let in a lot of heat during the summer and a lot of cold air during the winter, therefore we suggest installing Therma Shade Pleated blinds.
Few ideas that you should know:
- Therma Blinds are coated with a solar reflecting material that acts as a thermal blanket in colder months and a sunblock in warmer ones, making them useful year-round.
- You should make the blinds seem simple yet elegant. By their very nature, warm tones connote warmth. On the other hand, if the blinds’ color were made overly striking, the effect would be ridiculous. White is a safe option since it can be paired with almost any other hue.
- Modify the size of the blinds to correspond with the size of the glass in the window or sliding door leading to the outside. The resultant enhancement to the windows would be nothing short of spectacular.
Wooden Sliding Door Blinds
Image Source: Amazon
Wooden blinds are an elegant way to improve the look of your sliding glass doors. These blinds’ wooden construction gives off a rustic but refined vibe. Their movable slats allow for customized levels of privacy and light filtering, and they may be styled to go with a wide range of decors. Wooden sliding door blinds provide a classic look and practicality that will last for years.
Suggestions to keep in mind:
- Brown wooden blinds will give your sliding door window a touch of natural beauty and coziness. These timeless blinds are a practical and stylish way to block unwanted light and shield personal space.
- By combining beige walls with wooden shutters, you may make the space seem more tranquil and at peace. The neutral paint on the walls and the warm wood tones of the blinds create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Elegant timber flooring will round off the room’s natural decor perfectly. Combining it with other components, such as wooden blinds, helps to create a unified design because of its warm and timeless charm.
- Use gray chairs for a modern, minimalist aesthetic. The blinds are wooden, and the couch and chairs are a neutral gray that works well with the room’s decor.
- Make a statement with a stunning black and white photograph as the centerpiece of your room. The monochromatic tones of the artwork provide a striking visual contrast to the blinds’ natural wood.
Image Source: Amazon
Bamboo blinds are a great eco-friendly option for covering sliding glass doors. These blinds are eco-friendly since they’re made out of bamboo, and they give any room a lovely, natural vibe. They screen the light, making the room seem calm while keeping prying eyes out. Because of its one-of-a-kind texture and natural tones, bamboo shades are a chic and eco-friendly option for your sliding glass doors.
Ideas to look into:
- Brown bamboo blinds are an elegant way to bring the outside inside. These environmentally friendly window coverings filter out unwanted light while adding a cozy, natural aesthetic.
- Installing ashwood flooring in your kitchen can instantly upgrade the space. Ashwood’s light tones and unique grain patterns make for a visually pleasing and durable base, giving your kitchen a touch of refinement.
- Oakwood furniture adds warmth and elegance to any kitchen. Oak’s classic beauty and durability are a great match for many different types of decor, creating a warm and welcoming space for meals and social events.
- The beauty of a hardwood tabletop can enhance any meal. Wood’s inherent elegance and coziness make it a great material for tables and other furniture, providing a stunning centerpiece for family dinners and get-togethers.
- White wooden shiplap walls are a classic choice for coastal or traditional decor. The horizontal paneling refreshes and brightens the area, making it seem more open and welcoming.
- Metal shelves in black will give your room a modern look. These contemporary shelves are a chic and practical storage option, and they stand out brilliantly against the wood and white backdrop.
- Sliding glass doors with minimal black frames will give your home an air of contemporary elegance. Add a touch of refinement and modern flair to your decor with the dramatic visual effect created by the contrast of black against the clear glass.
Top-down or bottom-up shades
Image Source: Amazon
Top-down or bottom-up sliding door blinds give you complete control. These clever blinds can be adjusted from the top and bottom, letting in natural light while ensuring privacy. Top-down or bottom-up blinds let you enjoy a view while keeping privacy or managing sunlight. These blinds let you customize sliding door lights, privacy, and appearance.
Take a look at these:
- Walls painted a warm beige may do just that. Because of its neutrality, beige may work with a wide range of design schemes, and it won’t clash with the colors or patterns you choose to use.
- A beige door will give your home a hint of refined simplicity. The color’s subtlety and softness allow it to blend in with the walls around it, producing a unified and pleasing aesthetic.
- Sliding-door blinds that can be pulled down from above or raised from below provide the utmost in light filtering and privacy options. You can easily change the shades from letting in light and sacrificing privacy to letting in light and increasing your sense of space.
Motorized Blinds for Sliding Door
Image Source: Amazon
Motorized blinds enhance sliding doors. Controlling the blinds is easy with a button or smartphone app. Motorized blinds are easy to operate, particularly for larger sliding doors, and provide precise light and privacy adjustments. Automate, schedule, and connect with smart home systems for smooth control. Motorized blinds give sliding doors a modern look.
Bear these ideas in mind:
- Gray motorized blinds for your inside sliding door provide a sleek, contemporary touch and are easy to use. These modern blinds are both stylish and practical, providing you with easy control over the amount of light entering your room and the level of seclusion you choose.
- Sleek black frames on an inside sliding door are a striking design choice. A touch of sophistication is added to your home decor by the contrast of black against the glass panels.
- With white-gray walls, you can make a space seem peaceful and classic. The combination of white and gray works well as a neutral background against which other colors and design elements may be highlighted.
- One may rest in style on a brown soft single seat. The velvety cushions and earthy tones provide a relaxing atmosphere, and you can kick back and take in your surroundings with ease.
- The classiness of ashwood flooring will improve the look of any room. Ashwood’s delicate tones and unusual grain patterns make for a lovely base for any interior design project.
Fabric Vertical Blinds
Image Source: Amazon
Fabric vertical blinds soften and style sliding doors. These blinds are stylish and multifunctional. The fabric vanes softly filter light, providing a cozy atmosphere. Fabrics come in many colors, patterns, and textures to fit your décor. Fabric vertical blinds provide elegance and seclusion to sliding doors in home and business settings.
Options that you might want to know:
- A wooden stool may give your home a more natural and earthy feel. Because of its natural beauty and solid construction, it may be used as a comfortable seat or as a decorative element anywhere in your house.
- Put some life and color into your home with a flourishing indoor plant. It not only makes the space seem more natural, but it also makes the air better and helps you relax.
- Vertical blinds made of white cloth will give your home a crisp, contemporary appeal. These adaptable window coverings can hide your belongings from prying eyes and dim the room at will without sacrificing style.
- Oak wood flooring is a great way to set the tone for a cozy and welcoming home. Oakwood’s natural grain patterns and deep tones provide a classic, beautiful, and long-lasting touch to any room.
- Glass sliding doors with substantial white frames are a striking design choice. The clean, modern design achieved by the mix of clear glass and white frames lets in plenty of light.
- White walls are the epitome of a clean, modern style. The space seems more open and airy thanks to the neutral paint job that doesn’t steal the show from the other decor.
- Put up a striking picture to inject some of your character and taste into the room. Wall art, whether it’s a painting, picture, or a piece of mixed media, gives a room a focal point and a creative touch.
Image Source: Amazon
Sliding doors benefit from magnetic blinds. Installation is easy with these magnetic blinds. Magnetic blinds may be connected to sliding door metal frames without drilling or screws. They block light, give privacy, and come in many styles and materials. You can effortlessly adjust magnetic blinds for privacy and sunshine. Magnetic blinds simplify and enhance sliding doors.
Things that you should know:
- Installing white blinds over your glass sliding door is an easy way to enhance the look and utility of your home. These blinds are a nice touch that helps keep the door’s clean and bright look intact while also providing seclusion.
- Use a black sliding door frame to make a strong fashion statement. The modern and minimalist aesthetic is a welcome addition, setting a bold contrast to the natural environment.
- Achieve a chic and contemporary vibe with beige walls edged with black. The modern feel of your area will be enhanced by the use of contrasting borders into an otherwise neutral color scheme.
- Teak flooring is a great way to add natural beauty and warmth to any area. Teak’s deep tones and unique grain patterns offer a classic and sophisticated ambiance, perfect for any setting.
- Put a wooden table at the sliding door to round off the look. The rustic beauty of the wood goes well with the rest of the area and may be used for a number of functions, such as a desk or display shelf.
Dual Layered Shades
Image Source: Amazon
Dual-layered sliding door blinds combine design and utility. Two layers of fabric—usually transparent and opaque—allow you to manage light and privacy with these shades. Adjusting the layers lets you enjoy diffused natural light while retaining privacy or fully blocking light. Dual-layered colors in various fabrics and patterns are trendy and classy. These adaptable and attractive hues elevate sliding doors.
Some recommendations for you:
- Light gray layered shades are a contemporary and adaptable window treatment option. The layered design of these shades not only provides privacy and light control but also lends an air of refinement to any room.
- A white conventional sliding door will instantly give any area a sense of classic elegance. The door’s modern, minimalist design works well with a wide range of home aesthetics.
- Pinewood flooring is a great way to give your living space a cozy, rustic feel. Pinewood’s pale tones and distinctive grain patterns make for a warm and welcoming addition to any room.
- A little coffee table is the finishing touch to your living room set. Its small footprint is practical and aesthetically pleasing, serving as a surface for displaying decorative items, reading materials, and beverages.
- Use a white loveseat to set the tone for a warm and welcoming sitting arrangement. The loveseat’s crisp, neutral hue and inviting, homey design make it a great place to kick back and chat with friends or family.
- A soft brown rug would look great in the living area, adding both warmth and texture. The rug’s plush texture makes it pleasant to walk on and gives the room a sense of depth and luxury.
- Decorate your living space with things that are meaningful to you, such as plants, photographs, teapots, periodicals, books, and even fruit. Your home will seem more inviting and colorful with the help of these accents because of the personality and flair they provide.
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs
What kind of shades work best on a patio door?
When it comes to sliding glass doors or patio doors, vertical blinds are among the most functional options available. They let in just enough light to make the space seem warm and cozy, yet block out enough to keep prying eyes out. Due to their adaptability, vertical blinds work well in glass additions with full-size doors.
Which works better on sliding glass doors, horizontal or vertical blinds?
When it comes to covering sliding glass doors and enormous bay windows, vertical blinds are your best option. Any large opening, such as a window or door, will benefit greatly from their use.
From the outside, which blinds would you recommend?
The two types of sheer shades, the traditional and the dual, are both excellent for use in external design. The wide slats appear and feel like cloth, yet have the crisp lines of shutters. They combine the advantages of blinds and shades, making them an excellent option if you can’t make up your mind.
Which blinds are the most functional in everyday life?
One of the most functional and eye-catching window treatments is a set of roller blinds in the living room.
In terms of maintenance, which blinds do you recommend?
Blinds made of aluminum, PVC, or imitation wood are some of the most maintenance-free options. If these materials become wet, they won’t be ruined. It takes more time to clean these blinds than other types since each slat must be wiped down or vacuumed.
The flexibility and adaptability of these blinds make them an excellent choice for your sliding doors. Having some wiggle space means you can still allow the dog in while keeping the blinds closed, making them ideal for patio doors. This motion enables you to utilize your blinds while keeping your doors operational.
Nowadays, blinds may be customized with a wide variety of patterns, materials, textures, and colors. If you want to block out as much light as possible while maintaining your privacy, you can look into many options online. All you have to do now is choose your decision from among these many possibilities.
But, read these pieces if you feel like you need to expand your horizons:
Written By: Trisha Mae Raymundo